Sunday, September 27, 2009

This is just to say

I'm thinking of changing my name to Tristan de Night-Ouais.

Coffee and rain. A slow morning. Thank Heaven for noon Masses!

Found a paperback copy of Merton's Seeds of Contemplation (not New Seeds, the 1961 book, but Seeds, the 1949 version) at a library's book sale for $1.

Haven't blogged much this past week. I'd like to pledge to resume a brisker pace, but am fairly sure that the quiet stretches will continue for a while longer.

I was deeply amused, nay, delighted! by this post from Entropy (the part pertaining to the proper spelling/pronunciation of "Enbrethiliel"!). The power of song parodies! Just wait 'til you hear my song in praise of Pope Benedict to the tune of "Goldfinger"! Or have I already inflicted that ditty upon the eager and expectant masses?