Tuesday, December 09, 2008

I've been tagged for a meme

... by Ellyn of Oblique House: the ten most fascinating Catholics of 2008. Here goes:

10. My friend S., and the others who gather for coffee after the weekday Mass at St P's (a Mass which I'm able to attend perhaps twice a week) ... what makes S. so fascinating? You'd have to know him to fully appreciate why.

9. The bishops with spine who stand up for pre-born life, esp. Abp. Chaput, who deserves a red hat.

8. Fr. C., formerly of Boston, now out west somewhere, my erstwhile confessor. Very much missed.

7. Fr. D., a parochial vicar where I attend Sunday Mass, who actually has the temerity to condemn abortion and contraception in his homilies.

6. The Holy Father.

5. His immediate predecessor, of happy memory.

4. Again, more than one here: Catholic bloggers, all and sundry. A great variety of dynamic personalities!

3. Fr. Benedict J. Groeschel, CFR.

2. Nuns who serve the poor in anonymity, and who are invariably the happiest souls on the face of the earth.

1. The saints in heaven. All right, they're the most fascinating, compelling, inspiring, challenging, celebrated Catholics not only of 2008, but of all time.


Sorry I couldn't come up with a better list! I may revise if a thought of someone else occurs to me later ...